MNP - Mobile Number Portability
FAQs on Mobile Number Portability
Who can avail MNP service?All prepaid and postpaid mobile users are eligible to port their mobile number after being on the current network for minimum of 90 days.
Other conditions to meet for MNP:
- The number can be ported only within the same service area
- No outstanding dues with the current provider
- The number is not prohibited for MNP as directed by any court of law
How do I port my mobile number to Vodafone online?Follow 3 simple steps for Mobile Number Portability:
- Enter the fields enquiring about your name, contact number and city on the MNP page.
- Select a Vodafone RED Postpaid plan that suits your needs.
- Click on the ‘Switch to Vodafone’ button and enter your address and pin code for free SIM delivery.
Please note that you need to be on your current mobile network for a minimum 90 days to port your number to Vodafone network.
How do I get the unique porting code online while switching to Vodafone?To generate the 8-digit unique porting code (UPC), SMS PORT<10-digit Mobile no> to 1900.
You will receive a reply with the unique porting code. The porting code will expire in 4 days & LSAs of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East UPC will expire in 15 days.
SMS charges applicable as per your current plan.
If I port my number to Vodafone, will I get an Amazon Prime membership?Yes, you will get an Amazon Prime membership if you switch your number to a Vodafone RED Postpaid ₹ 499 rental plan or above. To get a Netflix subscription at no extra cost, choose a Vodafone RED plan, starting from ₹ 999. With these Postpaid plans you will also get a huge range of the latest movies and shows on Vodafone Play and smartphone protection with RED Shield.
How can I switch to a new network without changing my mobile number?Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is the right solution for you. Changing your mobile network without changing the mobile number needs your number to be ported. This can be done online. Click here to get started.
What are the documents required for Mobile Number Portability?A valid Proof of Identity (POI) or Proof of Address (POA) along with Unique Porting Code (UPC) is required. To generate your UPC, SMS PORT<10 digit Mobile no> to 1900.
To know about the acceptable documents of POI and POA, click here.
How much time will it take for my number to get ported?It takes 3-5 working days to complete the porting process of an MNP request.
It takes 2-4 hours to activate your SIM on the Vodafone network. In the meantime, you will be using your current network.
It will take 15 working days for Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East service areas.
Will there be any charges to port my mobile number to Vodafone?No, there are no charges for porting mobile number to Vodafone.
Port Mobile Number to Vodafone
How does Mobile Number Portability work?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) enables you to switch to Vodafone from any other service provider without the need to dispose your current phone number. Subscribers have complete authority over choosing their desired telecom operator, if not fully satisfied by their existing network services. When you request for an MNP for your number, you’ll receive alerts about your porting status. Post this, your existing network operator’s services will be deactivated and your new Vodafone services will be activated.
And if a Vodafone prepaid subscriber wants to switch to a Vodafone Postpaid connection, the validity of their prepaid account will be deactivated and the prepaid balance amount will be auto-added to their new postpaid account.
Before you apply for a porting request to Vodafone, you need to get a UPC (Unique Porting Code). You can request for a UPC by sending an SMS, PORT <10 digit mobile number to port> to 1900. Following that, you’ll receive your UPC instantly via an SMS.
Things to note before porting mobile number:
If you have requested for mobile number portability within the same Licensed Service Area (LSA), it will take 3 working days to execute your porting request. Your porting request to another LSA or circle will take 5 working days. In case your service areas lie in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and North East areas, your porting request will be fulfilled in 15 working days.
It should be noted that UPC generated for SIM portability is subject to a few eligibility criteria as follows:
• Other network subscribers who request to port their number Vodafone need to clear all their previous postpaid outstanding bills with their existing service provider.
• One must have a minimum 90 days subscription with the existing service provider
• No ongoing MNP requests for change of mobile number should be in process
• No contractual obligations to be fulfilled by the subscriber as per the exit clause of the subscriber agreement
• In case there is a rejection of the UPC request, the reason for the same is shared through SMS
How to port SIM or port mobile number online to Vodafone?
You can now easily port your number to Vodafone (MNP) by logging on to our website. Simply follow the steps below. Access the online mobile number portability in India and enjoy unlimited Vodafone calling and data benefits.
• Visit the MNP page and enter your name, mobile number and city
• Select a Vodafone postpaid plan to port your SIM online
• Enter your delivery address for your new Vodafone SIM to be delivered home
Enjoy uninterrupted Vodafone postpaid services and avail free yearly subscriptions of Amazon Prime, Vodafone Play, ZEE5 and avail many other benefits.
We also offer premium and free fancy mobile numbers with new postpaid and prepaid connection.